ONLINE CONTEST CELEBRATION – MARCH 2 & 3, 2021
Join us for a celebration of the World and U.S. Championship Cheese Contests, with free, original programming on March 2 & 3 at 3:00 PM CT.
Viewers can watch here or our Facebook page to comment and participate in the live stream.
Day 1: Contest History, Evaluation & Judging
We’ll start our programming by looking back on the tradition of excellence set by our Contests, and look forward, with excitement, to what’s next for these competitions!
- WCMA Executive Director, John Umhoefer will moderate a lively, insightful conversation with Contest Chief Judge Jim Mueller and Contest Chief Judge Emereti Bill Schlinsog and Bob Aschebrock.
Then, we dive into the minds of our expert cheese judges!
- Cheese Curds with Gurth Pretty of Lakeview Cheese and Chad Galer of Dairy Management Inc.
- Smear-Ripened Soft Cheese with John Jaeggi and Dean Sommer of the Center for Dairy Research
- Cheddar with Jill Allen of Tillamook Creamery and Craig Gile of Cabot Cheese
- Manchego with Mariana Marques de Almeida of Ms. J & Co., also an Assistant Chief Judge, and Dominique Delugeau of Saputo Cheese